7 Tips To Consider When Hiring A Marquee For Your Wedding in Melbourne
If you want an outdoor wedding, hiring a Giant Tipi Marquee is a great option. Hiring a Giant Tipi Marquee is a big deal, getting it right can be a critical factor in the success of your event or wedding whereas some simple mistakes can spell disaster. Whether you are planning for your upcoming wedding or any event, when it comes to hiring a Giant Tipi Marquee for your wedding or event keep these 7 points in mind:
1. Space: Make sure you’re aware of the size of your Giant Tipi Marquee. Ask the Giant Tipi Marquee Company for floor plans to make sure there is enough room to fit all of the tables, dance floor and any extra furniture with the cake stand on. You’ll also need enough room for the waiting staff to get around the tables to serve your guests!
2. Budget: For many brides and grooms, a budget will always be hanging around in the back of the mind, affecting certain decisions. For many, a venue can often work out a lot more expensive than people expect and consider Giant Tipi Marquee as the budget-friendly option. When it comes to discussing what your requirements are with a Giant Tipi Marquee company in Melbourne, you first need to know what your budget is. To have a budget in mind allows you to narrow in on your options and keep you from wasting your time with the hiring companies that fall outside your price range. However, making your decision based solely on price alone can also leave you with a result that isn’t entirely perfect. It is best to go with an option you can afford, but also won’t look too cheap, and let’s be honest with ourselves, no one wants that.
3. Caterers: Check with your caterers what size catering tent they need to service your wedding proficiently. Ensure your caterers have access to fresh water, this can be simply an extendable hose into the catering tent. Reiterate to the caterers that all wastage, including water from the urn should be taken off site and disposed of, otherwise you may be looking at a hefty bill for damage to the lawn.
4. No. of Guests: Although Giant Tipi Marquees come in various sizes and shapes, it makes sense to confirm how many guests will be attending in advance too. Not only will this help with catering, it also ensures your guests won’t feel cramped or far away from each other inside the marquee.
5. Weather: With the unpredictability of the Australian weather, it can be difficult to know what to do if your outdoor, summer wedding is suddenly rained on. Giant Tipi Marquees allow you to bring the indoors outside, regardless of the weather. The durable fabric of marquees keeps guests protected from all types of weather conditions. This means that you can have your outdoors ‘summer’ wedding at any time of the year! You might not know what Mother Nature has planned, but it never hurts to check and prepare accordingly. For strong winds and cold temperatures, consider hiring solid walls and extra heating.
6. Lighting: How much external lighting, if any, does the venue have? Even during the summer months, it’s likely to be dark by 9pm and if you are envisaging having any sort of outside catering and seating, don’t forget lighting! There are all sorts of options such as fairy lights strung in trees or festoon lights on shepherds crooks, all of which will ensure your guests can see what they are eating.
7. Parking: Do you have sufficient parking? If parking is in a nearby field then provide a solid walkway for guests in case it is raining, walking across a sodden field in heels is not much fun. Ensure there is good signage so people know where to park. And don’t forget lighting, people need to ‘find’ the carpark at night! If you do not have the parking on site then is there a nearby public carpark guests can use?
So there you have it, 7 handy tips to consider when organising the Giant Tipi Marquee hire of a marquee for your wedding, corporate event or party!
At Wandering Events, we supply tipis throughout Melbourne, Mornington Peninsula, Geelong, Ballarat and Beyond. Call 04 2227 7636 now or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your Giant Tipi Marquee hire requirement.